Monday, January 13, 2014

Keeping Your Hair Clean

Lately I have been sampling different dry shampoos. Let me start off by saying I 100% absolutely love dry shampoos. Actually when I was younger I swear I came up with the idea of dry shampoo, however I didn't have the resources to make it happen. But oh well, the important thing is someone did! I love a good shampoo, however during the winter the last thing I want is wet hair and I normally like to air dry my hair. Not to mention, my hair gets greasy like instantly. (Not really, but by the end of the day its not pretty!) So dry shampoo has become a very important part of my life. I shower at night and in the morning when my hair is dry I spritz some dry shampoo on my roots to give it some volume and to keep it looking nice the whole day. Then before bed, if I decide not to wash my hair, I spray some in my hair, brush it out, then add more if needed in the morning before work. Not only has it saved time and me from being cold with wet hair, it has kept my hair consistently healthy! I never believed people who said they didn't wash their hair every day. It just wasn't an option for me. I have not thin, but not thick hair. It is naturally stick straight and blonde. You can see every ounce of grease in my hair and let me tell you, its not attractive. 


The first dry shampoo I tried was Dove. I loved it! Now, if you have dark hair it might not work as well for you. It can lead a bit of a powdery residue, even after you rub it in and brush your hair out. This was never a problem for me since my hair is so light. Now I've been using this for a few months now. Since July if you want to be exact. I buy multiple cans at a time because I love and use it so much. What got to me explore other options is because the store I normally shop at was out (and since I was feeling lazy I decided to just try a different brand).


I decided to see if Aveeno had a dry shampoo since I love brands that use natural ingredients. To my surprise they did! And it isn't too expensive it is actually priced at about $5 (which is just about the same as the other dry shampoos). This one is very different that the other dry shampoos because its... well... not exactly dry. I sprayed it on my hair and was immediately upset that it soaked my roots (drama queen, I know). At first it makes your hair look way worse than it did before. But I followed the directions, rubbed it into my hair and brushed it out. To my delight, once it dried my hair looked freshly washed. This I might buy again, because I think it would work well at night when I decide not to wash my hair.


This is the other brand I tried. I usually stay away from Herbal Essence because I have super sensitive skin and even though the product goes in your hair, it always seems to make my face break out. I was very skeptical about this but it was on sale so I decided to give it a go. I actually kind of like it! (Its hard for me to admit I like something more than my Dove). If you have dark hair this is great! It works just like the Dove dry shampoo just without the powdery residue. Not to mention it really does give a volume boost that I so desperately need! Definitely worth a try!

If you have never tried a dry shampoo before, you are seriously missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment